Early 70's chysler 7-horse

I just bought a boat with a 7 horse chysler on it that hadnt ran for 10 years and everything was stiff so i lubed all moving parts and only get 1 spark every so often. Is there a neutral safty switch under the coil plate or something that might still be sticky and keeping it from running? Every thing looks good and sanded points a little and gapped them, the engine looks clean like and every thing is so simple looking.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Early 70's chysler 7-horse

How are you trying to get spark?Holding the plug against the block? Or using a sparkie?The plug method is poor at best.A sparkie can be had at any auto parts store.
If you moved the points then you might have to retime it.J

I didnt move the points i just scuffed up with emory board and reset the gap on 1 set. A friend said the throttle handle might have popped and it needs retimed but i dont see how that would change anything. What do u think?
I checked spark with a tester.Thanks for the responce!

I didnt move the points i just scuffed up with emory board and reset the gap on 1 set. A friend said the throttle handle might have popped and it needs retimed but i dont see how that would change anything. What do u think?
I checked spark with a tester.Thanks for the responce