Starcraft 1969 Brochure

Ysaman

Cadet
Can anyone provide me with the spec sheets for the 1969 aluminum boats. I just got a 16 foot closed bow with a MC 80 sterndrive. Why is 1969 the one year that seems to be missing everywhere I go? Help me please

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Starcraft 1969 Brochure

I'd just go by the '68 brochure or the '70 if you can't find the '69. The hulls didn't change much year to year.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

... Why is 1969 the one year that seems to be missing everywhere I go? ...

1969...Woodstock...Hallucination's{some with lingering effects to this day}...a lot of papers went up in smoke during that time :p that would be my guess ;):D

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

I wouldn't know, I was only 10 at the time. The mid to late seventies however are only a blur.:p

Ysaman

Cadet

Okay I was only 4, but still I need the brochure. Somebody must have it. Enjoing the posts however.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I dont think my parents where married yet.

North Beach

Commander

YS, the 69 brochure does not show a 16 foot aluminum being available with an I/O. Some earlier years do. Could you please post pics of the side, stern, and give us some measurements ie: width at widest point, height of transome and re-check the overall length.

In 69 ALL I/O aluminum models came from the factoiry with the 120 HP only. You could buy a blank and have something else installed but not in a 16 footer. They were all OB models.

I'll try and get around to scanning the 69 brochure and get it posted in the brochures thread.

Ysaman

Cadet

North Beach,

Thanks. In the folder I got I have a 1968 Brochure. I checked today and ID plate is gone, the two nails or spikes where it went ar there but the plate is gone and the wood is rotten. It was located on the right side of the motor as you face it on the piece of wood which held the buton down vinal curitan hiding the back portion of the transom area. I will post pics soon, have not taken her out yet but it sounds good and starts right up. Compression is good and even on all 4 cylinders resting at 178psi. No smoke or oil and put a stethescope on it and sounded good. Shifts nicely, will see how it does in the water this weekend. It appears based on ther receipts that the floor, foam, seats and gas tank were all replaced in 1995, but the boat was used and left out during the summer so seats are shot. Was last used on a semi-regular basis back in 2008.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Is there a HIN number stamped in the back of the boat? On the outside of the transom.

Ysaman

Cadet

You can see the spot where the HIN was mounted on the right side as you face the transom area, but only the two pins/nails remain. I am starting to lean towards it actually being a 1968, but will take photos soon and post for all to see and comment on.

Thanks,
Matt