Thorough explanation of my prob

BayouRunner

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I was kinda sorta in a rush yesterday when I posted my prob, so bear with me while I explain further, with a question or 2 thrown in.
The first time I took the boat out it ran fine. The gf and I went to our fishing spot, and fished for about 5 hours on the trolling motor. When I went to start the starter motor and leave, no juice. The trolling and starter motor were wired together, so the running engine would charge both. Come to find out, the trolling motor was shot. So instead of pulling juice from BOTH batteries when trolling, it was pulling from just the starter battery. Ok, so, got a jump and headed across the lake we were on to another spot. Ran great for about 5 minutes, maybe 10, then I trimmed up a tad and pffft, engine cut off. Again, no juice to restart. Got jumped AGAIN, and was headin to the camp when BAM, no power! Worked on the engine yesterday, and discovered no spark to cyls. 3 and 4. 2 people suggested it's the power pack. How can the power pack loose half its abilities, i.e. the ability to give power to 2 cyls? We thought it might be the coils feeding cyls. 3 and 4, but what are the chances of 2 coils going out at the same time? Is there a way to test if the trigger (there are 2, correct) is working? We were thinking of swapping the wiring around. Take the wires from trigger "a" and swap them with trigger "b", where "b" is the trigger feeding cyls. 3 and 4. If after doing that, cyls. 1 and 2 are now out and 3 and 4 are working, then that would mean the trigger is bad, correct?
The 3 lil balls behind the prop that are "on" the shaft, are they a specific material OR, anyone know how to find out the size and/or part number for them...I lost 1!