fresh water tank . ?

canman

Petty Officer 1st Class
hi everyone , well i filled up the fresh water tank on our used 1989 thundercraft 220 magnum . i went down into the cabin and turned on the 12 volt supply turned on the pressure switch, turned on the water tap and no water came out . i can hear the pump running so i lifted the engine hatch and there is the pump running but there is no water line going into the pump or coming out of the pump , i cant even see where a water line would come out of the tank . i told the wife the hose works when we hook it up to the boat the tap works great . what i need to no is how do i get all this water out of the tank that i cant use ? thanks everyone ..

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: fresh water tank . ?

hi everyone , well i filled up the fresh water tank on our used 1989 thundercraft 220 magnum . i went down into the cabin and turned on the 12 volt supply turned on the pressure switch, turned on the water tap and no water came out . i can hear the pump running so i lifted the engine hatch and there is the pump running but there is no water line going into the pump or coming out of the pump , i cant even see where a water line would come out of the tank . i told the wife the hose works when we hook it up to the boat the tap works great . what i need to no is how do i get all this water out of the tank that i cant use ? thanks everyone ..

Look harder:D
if it's missing you need to replace

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Like rbh said.

The fresh water system is really simple- hose from the tank to inlet side of the pump, hose from outlet side of the pump to the boat's plumbing lines leading to the faucet(s).

If the system works when you're hooked up to a water supply (you have a fresh water connection that a garden hose screws into?), it means that the hose coming out of the tank is plumbed directly to the line leading to the faucet(s), instead of to the inlet side of the 12V pump.

I can't think of any other explanation for what you described.

My .02

canman

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks everyone . i am going to cut the line and run it through the pump and see what i get ..

rbh

Fleet Admiral

thanks everyone . i am going to cut the line and run it through the pump and see what i get ..

Are you sure it is not a preasurized system????
Air pump put's air charge in tank, forces water to the taps.
you just never know. ;)

canman

Petty Officer 1st Class

hello , the pump has no lines going to it anymore , i can see where they took the lines off the pump and joined the lines together with a piece of plastic tubing , i am going to hook it back up to the pump and see what happens . i dont know why the previous owners did this , or maybe someone else did this . thanks

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Just make sure you are not sucking air at the pump joints.
I have had to use "a little" teflon tape at times. should not have had to but it worked.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Chances are good that the pump was leaking, so they bypassed the pump/tank and ran off of a pressurized hose.

canman

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks guys , thats what i am thinking to , if it is leaking i will go over to the rv store by my house and get a new pump , the wife wants it working ..