I'm losing my mind with my 140 Suzuki :- (Flywheel Removal)!!!

jason111

Recruit
I have been at this for days, and now I'm looking for help from anyone that can help. I don't want to go to the dealer yet, I want to do this on my own (or at least with some help)! I tried a puller, and PB Blaster soaked for hours before trying to pull it again. Is there a special procedure to this???:confused

philsboat

Cadet
Re: I'm losing my mind with my 140 Suzuki :- (Flywheel Removal)!!!

You might try two pry bars to put some upward pressure on the flywheel then tap the shaft with the nut even with the end of the shaft and a piece of hardwood to protect the threads.A quick tap should pop it off.

Phil

AlwaysFishn'

Seaman Apprentice

Maybe this will help I built a long bar to hold the Flywheel while I had a torque bar loosening the 15/16 nut turning it to the right to loosen I got 2 complete turns on it then I put the puller on it it popped evenly then I loosened the bolt some more then the puller again but it will come off.... "DON'T USE A PRY BAR"
I'll get a picture up of the long bar I built tomorrow if you want.??

thecow18

Cadet

I had to remove my flywheel on my suzuki and had lots of issues until I purchase a flywheel removal tool with 4 holes. My flywheel has four holes to attach the bolts and my brother has the one for cars with the standard Y connections with only 3 holes. We tried several times and broke many bolts with his tool. I found on some web site and purchase the flywheel removal tool with 4 holes and the flywheel popped right out. Do not use a pry bar to remove it because if you bend the flywheel you are going to have to buy a new flywheel.....If your flywheel requires 4 holes in the shape of a +, then research on the web for a flywheel remover with four holes.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

If you have the right tools you can make 'n puller that fits the flywheel ....