Any decent 12v air pumps?

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
The ones I've seen look like it could take all day to inflate a tube.

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Any decent 12v air pumps?

I am not sure what brand mine is but my came from basspro it actually was in a kit with a tube. I know it is blue and it will blow up a 2 person 5 foot tube in maybe two or three minutes.

eavega

Lieutenant

Forget the 12v pumps. Get yourself a heavy-duty double action manual pump. I can blow up a tube in about a minute. I use it to blow up the two inflatable pontoons on my little trout float, and even that takes only a minute or two. The aerobic workout is a plus!

-E

convergent

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just bought a Kwik Tek Airhead Hi Pressure pump. It is 12V, but will not work by cigarette adapter because it draws 28 amps. I plan to connect it to my trolling motor, first with the included alligator clips, and later by wiring it in somehow. Looking at the reviews on it, it should do what you want. A lot of the reviewers said it would fully blow up one of those large inflatable boats in a couple of minutes which I would think would be harder than blowing up a towable.

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, I picked up an AIRHEAD that was discounted at the end of the season. Gator clips for battery hookup, but it moves the air.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I like my coleman rechargeable one a lot. This will be the third season with it, still holds a long charge and puts a good amount of pressure in a tube.

It will hold a charge good for a weak trip to the lake with air mattresses and tubes.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

i have the airhead one, its pretty good. i also have a manual bellow pump for the last little bit. the airhead does 90% but wont get the tube hard enough. mine has a cigarrette lighter plug.