Looking for a little insight.

sketharley

Recruit
I have decided to give up motorcycles after a horrible accident. Now I am looking to get out on the water but as I am looking for a boat there's all these different drive styles. I was just curious which is the best, and which is the most reliable.

D

DJ

Re: Looking for a little insight.

Your question is far TOO BROAD.

What do you want to do with it?

Motrorcycles are designed to ride on streets or off road. Few make a combo that works.

Boats are another whole animal. So many are "purpose built" to the task.

Please define.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I have decided to give up motorcycles after a horrible accident. Now I am looking to get out on the water but as I am looking for a boat there's all these different drive styles. I was just curious which is the best, and which is the most reliable.

The best is the one that enables you to do what you want to do on the water, so you need to start by determining what that is. Fish, ski, chill, camp, drink beer in the slip, cruise inland waterways, deep sea fish, run over jet skis,.......? You get the point. Once you figure that out we can talk about which boats in the class that meet your needs are the most reliable. Welcome to iboats and where are you from?

sketharley

Recruit

Well, what I am looking for is something in the 20-26 foot range. Pull skiers, tubes all that good stuff nothing extreme, honestly most of the time I will be just chillin enjoying being on the water. I live in Michigan and most of the time will be spent on lake St. Clair

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hehe...smarter then me. Took about 4 good crashes before packing it in, eventually I realized I didn't have the brains to slow it down..and it was gonna catch up to me sooner then later.

Like that others said, what do you expect to do with the boat?

...and if it's any comfort...three years bikeless and still not really suffering for it. The boat more then makes up for the loss.

Ian