chrysler 55 no spark

ace72967

Recruit
i just got this boat and am new to boating so dont know much about them the model # is 557hc and ser # is 6671 i pulled the spark plugs and i dont have any fire any help please...

wickware

Lieutenant
Re: chrysler 55 no spark

Please give more info on the motor and what you have checked while the Pros are coming with their experienced help. Such as:

1. In my case, what is the year model? Is it a magneto ignition or electronic system?

2. If it?s magneto are you familiar with servicing (cleaning and adjusting points or replacing condensers, etc)?

3. Otherwise! The standard is to get a manual for some fine points and assistance (if the motor is worthy and was working).

4. I would share more if I knew more specifics and if I have experience in the needed area.

Good Luck,
JOW

ace72967

Recruit

well it has points in the center of what looks like 2 me a stator plate...i took of the fly wheel and filed the points and put it back together and still no fire i think i will get new points and condencers.. i have done the points on ski doos but that was a long time ago.. i was told that it ran but needed a tune up... im new to boat motors so im kinda scratching my head...

wickware

Lieutenant

1. Did the points look dirty or burned? I?ve had a 1970, 35 HP Chrysler since 1985 and possibly changed the points in 1985 on G/P vs a need. Usually the points are Tuff if clean and set at the proper gap (0.020)?? Did you check to see if the points rubbing block was not broken and the points were opening?

2. Did the coils look normal vs cracked or corroded? I?ll attach my working system

3. Did the condensers look to have good connections? Seldom, will a condenser or coil go bad, and I have used a car?s basic condenser during quick troubleshooting vs final use.

4. Last, is low voltage getting to the ignition system from the switch? This should show vs me testing.

Help is coming or you?ll find the problem but spend at a minimum w/o knowing the problem.

Good Luck Again!
JOW

Attachments

• Boat's check-cleaning-boats-points-9-21-07.jpg
    Boat's check-cleaning-boats-points-9-21-07.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat 70 Chrysler 35 HP Points.jpg
    Boat 70 Chrysler 35 HP Points.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0