Bayliner Bimini

brnewbie

Cadet
I bought a 2001 bayliner 195 last year. This past weekend I tried to put up the bimini top for the first time. I could not figure out how to do it. Maybe I am missing a part.

I took the short arms that have the plastic piece that fits to the windshield and put the holding pin through. I then took the top and fit the short arms into the bimini frame. I then attached a nylon strap with a plastic clip on each end to the small metal u-cleats on the top edge of the boat.

I found two poles with straight rubber "fingers" for lack of a better word but did not know what to do with them. I noticed that one end of the top had what appeared to be a metal reinforced hole in each corner that the pole "fingers" would fit into. However, I could not see where these poles attach to the boat anywhere. In fact, the poles had rubber stoppers on the bottom end of them.

The other end of the bimini has a zippered edge with a bunch of "female" snaps in a rubber gasket every six inches or so. I don't know where the snaps come in to play or where they would snap onto.

Any help? Am I missing a piece or pieces?

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bayliner Bimini

Your windshield should have button fasteners on them. They snap to the bimini.

brnewbie

Cadet

I had to install a new windshield when I bought it. It has no snaps on it.

If I snap bimini to windshield, I won't be able to stand up in boat. Is that normally how a bimini works?

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Most bayliners like your's that I have seen have the bimmini's high at the back and start to slope at a 22*+- to the windshild just behind the helm seat.
did you get any side curtains with it???
And it does sound like you will have to install new snaps on the windshield frame, do you still have the "old frame" to take the dimensions off??

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had to install a new windshield when I bought it. It has no snaps on it.

If I snap bimini to windshield, I won't be able to stand up in boat. Is that normally how a bimini works?

Yes for that style bimini it does. I have 2 of them that one and one that covers from front to back that I can stand in. The one you are talking about it good when it is cold out as it blocks all the wind.