Stator trouble (i think)

joshzimm

Cadet
i have a issue with the engine surging and misfiring between 1300 and 2400 RPM'S, i cleaned the carbs and adj the floats and changed the plugs and nothing still the same.

i started looking backwards through the electrical system and coils are good and CDI read 50Ohms thats good and the stator should read (700-900Ohms) on each coil set and one reads 570 and the other reads 730Ohms. what would the low resistance do and is this the reason for the surging and miss-firing?

Josh P

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Stator trouble (i think)

i have a # 4 intermittent miss my stator read 750 and 510, i was told that it'll do weird crap if not good ie: resistance not in specfied values

joshzimm

Cadet

well, that sucks, have you replaced your stator ? and did that fix the issue ?

how could i find the stator wiring spec so i can rewind my own stator ?

any suggestion

brdhntr

Seaman Apprentice

well, that sucks, have you replaced your stator ? and did that fix the issue ?

how could i find the stator wiring spec so i can rewind my own stator ?

any suggestion

My new stator came with a wiring spec. I, also, made careful note of where all the wires on the old stator went as I was taking them off, AND I have a Clymer manual that shows the wiring. All in all, the hardest part was getting the flywheel off.

Josh P

Petty Officer 1st Class

i have not replaced it yet, prob gonna order it this weekend or next week, i swapped around my cd's and coils no change an my trigger ohmed out good so its gotta be the stator. no info on rewinding it. brdhntr where did you order your stator from?

joshzimm

Cadet

CDI part number 176-3095 list 223.00$ but you can find it different prices around the web.