VIP Questions

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i just bought a VIP boat... i think its a Deckliner but cant find out what one it is... the boat is a 1992 and it has a 150 merc outboard. the model number on the back of the hull is DV016D000000 the sereal number is 547F293...i think this is all i have ..there was no stickers or any thing to help me look in any direction....im wanting to order a cover but need some help so i get the right one....

Lrider

Chief Petty Officer
Re: VIP Questions

Your boat is a 93 - do you have some pictures?

Attachments

• Boat HIN.JPG
    Boat HIN.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 0

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yes i do i will get some posted in a few

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Here are a few pics. The last on is of the plate on the rear driver side

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff290/nosgsxr/photo.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff290/nosgsxr/photo-1.jpg

photo-5.jpg

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sorry about the size The pics r from my i phone

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class

photo-6.jpg

photo-7.jpg

Any help would be great. I would love to find a spec sheet and all the info on the boat if possable. I looked online for info on VIP but cant find anything of use. Thanks

Lrider

Chief Petty Officer

that is a sweet looking boat, because it isn't an I/O the motor is very serviceable if the hull and transom is in good shape I think you are going to have a lot of fun. Have you had a boat shop look at the motor and generally evaluate the hull

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yea its all good. Heres the deal. Found the boat last year for a steal. Got it home and was waiting for the weather to get right. When it did the 150 on it has a beep beep beep beep going on and by the time i found the problem i lost the # 2 cylinder. So i find me a good uesd 200 efi and slapped it on. Took it out this weekend and had a blast. The boat tends to porpours till u get it up to speed. Had to spend alittle money on the new motor but it has a warrenty and is efi Do you know anything about these boats. I kinda need a model so i can order a good cover to keep it out of the weather

KermieB

Petty Officer 2nd Class

All you really need is the measured distance between the deck hinges that are already there, then decide between a two bow or three bow bimini top. The generic tops are held on by adjustable straps.

KermieB

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wait, I just read your last post... you're locking for a cover.. sorry.

nosgsxr

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sorry about that. Im looking to buy a cover to keep the sun And weather off the boat when parked The other top is going to last this summer