2006 Q7i ignition is dead

Lake nehai

Recruit
Has anyone had a problem with no voltage to the ignition? All was working correctly last October when we winterized the boat on its lift on our dock.
Installed a fully charged battery and had absolutely no juice to the ignition. The power trim works and the blowers work, but when I put a multi-meter to the red wire on the ignition...nothing.
I've checked all fuses (inline and circuit breakers) that I can find. All are good.
I jumped a wire from the positive side of the battery directly to the ignition, and it was able to crank. Did not let it start.
Cannot find a wiring diagram.
Help please.:confused:

mccownk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2006 Q7i ignition is dead

Try checking your deadman switch near the throttle. Sometimes it will get bumped to the off position and cause this problem. Kinda embarrassing but yes, it has happened to me.

Lake nehai

Recruit

Thanks...yes this has happened to me also. But even when the dead man switch is activated, the engine will crank, but not start.
I'm beginning to suspect the neutral start safety switch. It has to be in the throttle control, but I'm not sure where. Need a wiring diagram.

Lake nehai

Recruit

I contacted Tracker Marine Tuesday via voice mail touch tone. Punched on keypad until I got "request for wiring diagram" #6. Left message. Received via E-mail their color codes. Had already figured the colors out. No help. Need wiring diagram (which I requested).
Does anyone know where the main fuse block is?
All I have are on-dash circuit breakers and all are OK.

mccownk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Try looking in the engine compartment next to the computer module on the left side of the motor there are 2 square boxes that are relays. Next to that towards the rear is a rectangle plug with a cap. This has 3 = 20 amp mini fuses in it. I blew one of these while installing a smartcraft guage and it resulted in the same problem. If you turn the key and you do not hear the fuel pump , then this is probably your issue. I have the 4.3L MPI motor. Hope that helps.

mccownk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry.... I meant on the right side of the motor as you are looking at it.

rdhawk1950

Seaman

There is a fuseable link on the starter , it is about 1 inch square. I f when installing the battery you bumped the red battery wire to the motor or ground the fuse would have blown. There is no other fuse box other than the in dash buttons .That sound like the problem if you can run a wire from the battery to the ignition then the motor cranks over. If you had the kill switch at the shifter in the up position the boat should have started.When the motor cranks over the neutral safety is not an issue.