Force 90 Starter issue

hjtyler

Recruit
I've got a 1998 Force (F090ELPH) on a Bayliner Capri. After popping on the muffs in the driveway it started right up. Dropped it in the lake and turned the key and the bendix gear engaged the flywheel and simply stopped staying engaged but not turning the motor. Pulled it back out of the water, back to the house and cleaned every connection to the started and solenoid. Put muffs back on and started right up. Back to the lake and it ran like a charm for the next two week. Went out this past weekend and after stopping motor to change out skiers same thing happened again. The bendix engaged, didn't retract but no click and no crank. Manually disengaged the bendix and can turn started but no go. Is it the solenoid???

BTW, thanks for any help in advance.

Let me add a bit more... Once the bendix engaged the flywheel and stopped I manually pushed the bendix gear down the shaft. Any further attempts to start the motor resulted in absolutly no action. The solenoid did not click or make any noises at all. Still had plenty of electrical power to raise and lower the motor though.