Please, disregard as there is the same topic posted already

lenny2113

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi guys,<br />I noticed that I had water coming into the boat thru drive shaft when the boat is in the water only. This problem did not occur when the engine was running on the hose. <br />I pulled the outdrive (Alpha 1) to check the condition of the rubber boot inside gimble housing (drive shaft boot) and found a small crack. After replacing the drive shaft boot and putting it all back together I put the boat on the hose and the water just started flowing into the boat around drive shaft when I started the engine.<br />There were no cracks on any other rubber boots.<br />I have no clue as to what else it could be?<br /><br />Thanks in advance.<br />Lenny

Re: Please, disregard as there is the same topic posted already

lenny had the same problem last year.. also again now see post above.. my problem last year was the hot pipe.. the exhaust.. was loose,, i had it replaced because it was also corroded around the bolt hioles. and since the engine had to be pulled to tighten the bolts(so the mechanic told me)the extra 180 bucks for the pipe seemed to be the right thing to do..hopefully its not the smae problem this year.. keep me up to date with your progress. also what engine do you have in her...

lenny2113

Petty Officer 1st Class

port jeff boater,<br />I have a 3.0 mercruiser engine in the boat.<br />I'll try to figure out this week. Hopefully I'll get some more feedback on the potential problem.<br />Thanks

lenny2113

Petty Officer 1st Class

port jeff,<br />I think what you had was a bit different.<br />I am getting water comming in around drive shaft even when running the engine on the hose. If I had the boat on the water, I would be looking to replace rubber bellows. As far as I can see there is no connection. <br /> :confused: <br />I am not sure what it could be, but I suspect the plastic join that has water intake hose connected to it could have a crack inside the housing. I think it's the only source of water getting from the outdrive to the engine. There is a metal part that has 2 bolts in it and this plastic join is sitting inside of it. <br /><br />I am not a pro at these things... I hope this is something I could fix myself.<br />Thank you,<br />Lenny