Chrysler 105 - Hydraulics and o/b mounted switch

lagerosk

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all,
I have 2 questions regarding my Chrysler 105
1) Does anyone know where the small hydraulic plunger is meant to be mounted?(pics attached). My hydraulic system does not have a trim piston, only the main motor lift piston, but it does have a small hydralic plunger that is not attached to anything. When the engine is lifted, the plunger extends first about half an inch. I presume it is meant to be attached to the motor tilt lock, but I cant find any monting holes. Has anyone got a similar system that works? If so, could you post some pics?​

2) Has anyone fitted a motor mounted tilt switch? I'm going to fit one but just wanted to know if anyone else had - what switch did you use, where did you mount it etc.​

Thanks,

Lance

Attachments

• IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1913.JPG
    IMG_1913.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 0

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Chrysler 105 - Hydraulics and o/b mounted switch

That's the tilt lock release. It mounts in the center of the yoke below the lock plate. It pushes up the reverse lock plate first before the engine starts to tilt. Mine was mounted on a stainless plate but it has been so long, that I have forgotten the particulars. I think it mounts in the two holse where the wear plare for the trim piston would normally bolt. These two holes are cast in but on your engine, probably not tapped (1/4-20).

I have been toying with the idea of mounting an Evinrude tilt switch on the lower cowling. It will stick out a bit but that could be filled with RTV. It just needs to be wired in parallel with the existing blue and green signal wires and red to a power source.

lagerosk

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Frank,
You dont have a photo do you?
Cheers
Lance

lagerosk

Seaman Apprentice

Has anyone got any photos of the tilt lock release in its mounted position?