Wakeboard fins

TahoeQ4Pilot

Petty Officer 1st Class
When I got my wakeboard the fins were not attached, you are supposed to attach on your own. My first thought was that you add one at the rear of your board, so only put on one. Then we had a lefty, so I ended up swapping it around from one end to another. But I got lazy and left it off for the rest of the year last year, but whenever I would try to get up, it seemed like the board was too fast under me.

But since then I have reconsidered (gotten smarter?). I am heading out tomorrow for my first try of the season, what are your thoughts on use of fins for novices?

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Wakeboard fins

They definitely help to stabalize the ride, so for novices, yes you'd want them on. And you should have them on both ends, for when you ride switch.

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wakeboard fins

This depends so much on what board you have... then it can become a personal prefrence.

Most boards have molded in fins and the center fins are optional... other are all removeable and in differnt location so you can customize the way it feels.

I have two boards, both with molded in fins and both with removeable center fins... I prefer one with the fins in and one without.