Quick question for anybody running a Holley Carb

bparsel

Seaman Apprentice
Hey Everyone,

I'm switching my carb, been running an Edelbrock and before that a QuadraJet. Picking up my Holley tonight - 750cfm doublepumper for use on a 455 olds. I have the adapter plate already, do I need some type of fuel regulator as well since I'm going to go from one fuel inlet to 2??? Or can I just run the pump into 2 lines attached to the carb?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

jtmarten

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Quick question for anybody running a Holley Carb

You'd be far better off getting a dual feed line like this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G3100/

There are two different lengths depending on if you're using metering plates or blocks (should be blocks on a DP).

If your setup worked OK with the Edlebrock, you shouldn't need a regulator for the Holley.

bparsel

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks, I actually just pulled that info as well. I have just seen some with regulators on them and I'm trying to get everything together to make it work for tomorrow.

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

It depends on what kind of fuel pressure your fuel pump generates. chances are if you were good with the edelbrock, the holley will be fine, The edelbrock marine carbs are more sensitive than holleys to fuel pressure in my experience. I always like to have a mechanical fuel pressure gauge in the line to see what it is at idle... if you are having a hard time idling and it's loading up, look down the top of the carb to see if it's pushing gas past the needles at idle - then you need a regulator...

like he said about, just use the dual feed line - you've got metering blocks...

hope this is helpful