Need to replace fuel hose from gunnel to tank

Lrider

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 65 gallon tank under the deck, two 10 inch covered access holes above the tank, one is over the sending unit.

From the filler on the gunnel to the tank is about a 4 foot run, additionally I will be replacing the vent and the associated hose

is there any tricks to this? Looks like a lot of fishing in the cavity if I drop the hoses

archangelnot

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Need to replace fuel hose from gunnel to tank

Depending upon the room the hoses have under the floor,

You might be able to tape the new hose to the old hose and then pull out the old hose - pulling the new one into place... or, if there isn't a whole lot of room, you might try connecting a wire to the old hose, pull it out, then pull the new hose into place with the wire... of course, if those hoses are connected to anything with tie straps or anything else, this probably won't work.

basspirate

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if you go to a hardware store or auto parts store you can buy a hose barb connector . the splice type. put one end in the old hose and one end in the new hose then pull through

jonesg

Admiral

Those ideas will not work, the hole in the gunnel is not big enough to pass the fill hose through....by design.
And you will find its near impossible to yank that hose thru the 90 deg turn at the deck joint.
It requires surgery, cut the fiberglass riser open.
I did mine whilst I had the deck off and it was still a bear of a job.