Tidecraft "FOUR M" family heirloom resto

Two_Smoke

Recruit
Hello all. New to iboats, So I'll jump right in.

I'm restoring a 1990 or 1991 16ft Tidecraft "Four M", with a Nissan NS70A2 on it. My father finally gave it to me after constant nagging about what he was gonna do with this thing.
After sitting for nearly a decade, nearly everything has to be replaced.
Seats, carpet, steering cable, floor, stringers and transom are rotted.

Been having a hard time finding info on the "four M" boats. I went to NADA and it isn't listed in the Tidecraft/sportco section of their value guides???

It looks very similar to pictures of Tidecraft's Wildfire.

The boat is currently in half, with more work being done tonight. Gonna start ripping out the transom wood, maybe even the stringers.

One positive thing is the powerplant. Dad put very few hours on this boat, no more than 30-35. After cleaning the carbs and fuel filter, fresh battery and fuel........Cranked right up, no choking necessary. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGUNXWfLfrU

Dad bought her brand-spanking new in 1992, and I (12 at the time) was with him. This boat has a ton of sentimental value, and I'm having a great time restoring it. A good friend is helping me....make that a bunch of people are helping me. A tool here, a free piece of marine grade plywood there:), it all adds up to many friends who are willing to lend a hand.

I'll throw some more pics up later...time to Do Work.

Attachments

• DSC00917.JPG
    DSC00917.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 0

redfury

Commander
Re: Tidecraft "FOUR M" family heirloom resto

A boat and memory worthy of restoration, that's for sure. Glad your dad could be talked out of the boat...he'll be happy he did when you are done with it.