1986 force 125 any info at all?

tds1774

Seaman
I just purchased a 1986 bayliner capri with a force 125. I have never worked on an outboard engine. so this will be new to me. I am very mechanically inclined and know car engines well enough to do most repairs myself. any info at all on these engines is appreciated. I think the impeller needs to be replaced. Frank in another thread gave exceptionall detailed info on changing this part. the only thing he didnt supply was step by step pics! I need to locate a repair manual. other than the water pump, the only other problem I have is the lower carb is overloading. for what I've read on here carbs are a pretty common problem. just for ****z n giggles is it possible to install a jet drive onto this power head? If so where could a body locate one and how much do they cost? not a serious consideration just a thought. this web site has been a wonderful resource for tech. info, great and knowledgable people, and good conversation topics. thanks for everything to everyone here!

thompy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1986 force 125 any info at all?

i may be able to locate the jet, not sure how interchangeable they are, a guy around the corner offered a 60 hp jet to me a couple weeks ago, the impeller is pretty strait forward to do, 7 bolts on the lower and the 4 bolts on the pump, and a jack helps with the reinstall

tds1774

Seaman

thx I hope I'll be ok this weekend and I'll change the pump out next week. It runs good & dosent get hot but just dosent have a good steady stream. Have any idea where I can locate a manual on this eng.?

thompy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

look up on top where it says manuals