Carb filter

SWINDLE

Cadet
Hello, I have a Mariah 18FS with the mercruiser 3.0 with a TKS carb on it (2006) I do I replace the carb filter. It looks like were the filter goes is a solid piece and does not look like it would unscrew. any ideas????????

SWINDLE

Cadet
Re: Carb filter

Boat Tech thanks for the follow-up - my concern is with item #12 it looks like that part does not unscrew, the fuel line goes in the center on the nut. I tried to unscrew the bolt but it seems to be solid to the carb. This bolt does unscrew right?????

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Carb filter

Boat Tech thanks for the follow-up - my concern is with item #12 it looks like that part does not unscrew, the fuel line goes in the center on the nut. I tried to unscrew the bolt but it seems to be solid to the carb. This bolt does unscrew right?????
Yes it does unscrew, It's torqued down to (18 lb.ft)

You will want to down load service manual number 41, if your going to be playing around with your carburetor.;)

Scroll down to service manual number 41 in this link and sign up and down load it.
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?p=1693398#post 1693398

PS, Tip of the day for you, When you get the right size wrench on the nut, it makes it easier if you tap it loose rather than trying to pull or push on the wrench, Kind of like an impact with your hand will break it loose.
Good luck with it.:)