speaker locations 1998 226 fish

Divecaptchris

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just purchased a 1998 226 fishing type, it doesnt have a stereo and I wanrt to install one. I saw four wires for speakers under dash, but cant seam to find where they go to, i found one in the bench seat across from the helm, does anyon know where the other three should be? Also the live well pump trips the breaker, does anyone know where the pump is located??

NelsonQ

Lieutenant
Re: speaker locations 1998 226 fish

I just purchased a 1998 226 fishing type, it doesnt have a stereo and I wanrt to install one. I saw four wires for speakers under dash, but cant seam to find where they go to, i found one in the bench seat across from the helm, does anyon know where the other three should be? Also the live well pump trips the breaker, does anyone know where the pump is located??

Can't speak to the location of the speakers, but the livewell pump should be in the bilge area, accessed through the round access port covers.

You'll see two pumps. One for bilge, one for livewell.

If you look under the boat, you'll see the intake for the livewell. The one above it is the livewell pump.

Divecaptchris

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've located the hose attached to the transome below the waterline, but cant find a pump in that line, it runs right past the bilge pump!

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

I've located the hose attached to the transome below the waterline, but cant find a pump in that line, it runs right past the bilge pump!

I believe the hose you've located is on the port side correct? I assume your boat may be slightly different, but if my memory is correct, that's the return/drain hose from the livewell.

On the starboard side, on the underside of the hull should be a white plastic grille that comes up. Follow that one, it should have a livewell pump directly above it.

That's how its setup on my Hurricane and I've seen the same on another recent Hurricane. Perhaps the 98 model is different, I'm not entirely familiar with that year.

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Any chance you can take pics of your bilge area? I'm assuming your livewell is up front (step down from the bow?) Is it possible the pump is located in that area? I wouldn't think so as the pickups are usually at the back and you'd be drawing over 20 ft, so it should definitely be in the bilge area