Iboats store: Is it down?

superwooter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes.

i haven't been able to access the iboats store website since about 10am yesterday. i was in the middle of trying to buy some parts when it decided not to work anymore. i closed my browser, reopened it and tried to go back and it just says 'page not found'. and now the only iboats pages i can access are the forums. has anyone else experienced this today or is it just me?

thanks,
superwooter

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Iboats store: Is it down?

Works fine for me, and we usually get a ton of posts PMs etc. when it's down. Can you try from another PC? Or logout and log back in (if you can't get in, not sure how you do that . . . )

I'm going to move this to non-Boating technical and direct somebody from iboats to you as well.

superwooter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well this is strange. i can go to any other website but iboats.com. i tried internet explorer, firefox and safari. i tried rebooting my pc. let me see if i can get to it from my android... ok, had no problems loading the page on my phone. i guess its my computer's problem then. any ideas what could have happened? i suppose i could have somehow, inadvertently blocked the page but you'd think i'd remember doing something stupid like that.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Is it timing out or just displaying a blank page? Seems the iboats staff needs to grab your IP address and search their error log, as it sounds like a script error is killing the page view. Maybe based on something in your cart. Errors like this are sometimes difficult to track down, as they may be caused by a specific set of actions performed in a specific order.

Clearing your cookie for the site may bring it back to life.

superwooter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm getting this message...
TIMEOUT.jpg

i deleted the cookies saved for both the forum and for service.iboats.com. i didn't see any other cookies related to iboats. it still isn't working though

superwooter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was able to place my order from my phone's browser so it's not as urgent a problem anymore. but it's one i'd still like to resolve for future purchases. any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
superwooter

superwooter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

consider this a resolved issue. i restarted my cable modem and router and now it works. trial and error is just about the only way to handle dumb issues like that i guess!