Contacting Nauticas !!!!

Bayliner175xt

Petty Officer 2nd Class
:eek:
Hi anyone here having trouble contacting Nauticas, Iv'e sent 4 emails over the last 5 day's and got nothing back.
Seems like we Australian's are always to far away to worry about.

Any from Australia on here been able to purchase items direct from Nauticas or another good supplier !!!
Let me know if you have, the Australian importer is hopeless.

superpop

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Contacting Nauticas !!!!

I am having the same problem, need to get some answers to my questions on tabs I just purchased. sent out two different emails.

I have a 2006 Chaparral 204SSi with a 270HP Volvo Penta SX drive. The boat is 21 feet long with the swim platform and weighs around 3800 pounds fully loaded. I ordered a set of the Smart Tabs model SX9510-80. I was planning on installing them soon but want to make sure these are the right tabs for my application. I chose these tabs based on feedback from several boat forums and hope they are the right ones although I noticed that according to your fitment guides I should have the Stainless version for my HP boat. The problem I am having is that on my boat the transom is flat until about half way up the transom and then it steps out around 2 inches and then is flat again. The picture below is not of my boat but it does a good job of showing the way my transom is set up, mine is very similar to the one pictured. So my question is, should I send these back and get the stainless ones or will the SX series be stout enough and also mount up ok if I have to install them like the picture below where the actuator is not on the same plane as the tab. Thanks

Attachments

• boat sample.jpg
    boat sample.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 0

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

i sent an email a few weeks ago, then a PM on this site this week. no response to either, but i know over the phone they are fantastic. I just wanted them to look at pics of my install becuase i had some questions. So, even in Aussie you are not alone :D

Bayliner175xt

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeah i heard they are good on the phone, that's only 1/2 of your business.
Post a couple of pics on your install, I modified mine on our Bayliner,
got rid of the plastic (garbage) and made all 316 stainless pins,brackets and mounting brackets. I'll post a couple of pics once i have completed all the parts.
I have heard of a few people braking the plastic stuff, so i didn't want the drama of trying to purchase from Nauticus, as they don't even answer your emails.
It's a pitty though, they have such a good product.

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Gentlemen;

First let me apologize for our inability to keep up with the technical support via e-mail. Unfortunately there are a number of issues which have contributed to this problem, and they are as follows:

1) The web mail server and our outlook program contracted multiple viruses which dumped more than 3,000 junk email into our "info@Nauticusinc.com" mail box in one week. This took two days to clean up, and some legitimate email were lost in the process.

2) Since last years sales / activity was rather flat our expectations and planning for 2010 were conservative. I guess people are tired of doing nothing and back out on the "lake" because we drastically underestimated 2010. We have been swamped. We are trying and hope to get caught up soon. Please bare with us.

I would also suggest that you all look at our web site under the heading of Install Instructions on the left side menu as this may help. We have posted numerous pictures by boat type, dimensional drawings, special instructions, and videos in an effort to help with the application issues.

Thanks for your continued patience and support.

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer

Guys, be patient. They'll get to you. I got good responce from them today for my issue.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

so should we resend our emails or just wait?

nlain

Commander

Just wait for them to get to the one you already have there

180shabah

Rear Admiral

or you could post your question here.

Bayliner175xt

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok sounds like they have had a problem or 2.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

did you ever send an email to directly to John?

Bayliner175xt

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeah i did send one direct, but no answer.
I ended up making all the parts i needed out of 316 SS.
They look really good too, I'll post pics here once it's all together.