Adding a steering wheel...

Educator79

Cadet
Hello, I am working on a rebuild on an old starcraft 16 footer. Right now I am cleaning the floor trying to get it ready for gluvit, then remove all paint from outside, then build floor. So, looking ahead, I ask you: The motor is a 76? Mercury 402 40 hp. Right now it has a piece of rebar hooked up to the front of the motor where my father in law used it as a tiller. I would like to add a steering wheel and cable to it so I can drive it with a steering wheel. How do I know what to get? LOL! That is a specific question huh?

ALso, someone on here recommended sharkshyde if I wanted to leave the boat shiny aluminu, no paint.

HE also said no paint was more maintenace. Whta type of maintenance? Would it be better to paint it? I could, so long as I can paint it without an air compressor. CAn you paint a boat with a roller?

Lastly, I really would like to know how you all build your floors in your boats. I have one riser down the middle of my boat. SHould I run slats across, or should run a board to the riser, then off set another one from the other side? Any ideas on the floor foundation would be awesome. Thanks.