Evinrude Dual Fuel Connector

rTagster

Seaman
I am in desperate need of a dual fuel line connector. I need the female end that fits onto the gas tank. Does anybody know where i can get one of these or does anybody want to sell me one?

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Evinrude Dual Fuel Connector

welcome to iboats. are you talking about a dual line fuel connector for a pressure tank or a standard fuel connector. If it's for a pressure tank, aren't you able to simple put the dual lines directly onto the tank without a fitting? Or are you in need of a fitting from the line to the motor?

A year and hp of the motor would be helpful as well.

rTagster

Seaman

Thanks, I attached a picture of my gas tank, i bought this motor used and the person gave me a tank with the motor, so im not positive this tank is what i need to work with my motor, but the connector looks like what you see in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 0

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer

One other thing...is the tank an omc fuel tank? The thing that throws me off is the bottom thing sticking out. Again, year and hp of your motor would be helpful. If the tank is not an omc tan, you may want to get a new fuel tank with the proper fittings.

rTagster

Seaman

ok so my motor is an evinrude model 25013, ive been told by someone else its from 1954.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

25013 is a 1953-54, 25hp. It requires a pressure tank. The one you pictured is NOT a pressure tank and won't work unless somebody has converted the motor (unlikely).

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, you need a pressure tank and that is not one. If the motor had been converted already and has a fuel pump, you just need to buy a standard omc fuel line assembly or fittings. If not, you have one of two options, buy a used pressure tank with the fittings/connectors (sometimes people sell them without the connector to the motor and those connectors are really hard to find and expensive when you do) or convert to a fuel pump and use a standard tank. Either way, you'll have to invest another $100 give or take.

rTagster

Seaman

alright. that makes sense. and frankly its comforting to know that the last 24 hours that i've tried to figure out how to make my motor work with this gas tank was all in vain since they wont work together. thanks for everybody that helped me with their experience and knowledge.

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

alright. that makes sense. and frankly its comforting to know that the last 24 hours that i've tried to figure out how to make my motor work with this gas tank was all in vain since they wont work together. thanks for everybody that helped me with their experience and knowledge.

might be worth posting a pic of the fuel connector on the motor, just to be sure.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

might be worth posting a pic of the fuel connector on the motor, just to be sure.

That's a good point. Post a pic of the engine and fuel line connector. BTW, I have the '54 25hp and a newly acquired '55 25hp. The '54 runs on a dual line tank. The '55 also and is to be fixed soon with 2 of my 8 new coils I just ordered and got in this week :)