1995 mariner 60 hp bigfoot what do i need to run this engine

CRAIG2707

Recruit
interested in buying a 1995 60hp mariner bigfoot 2 stroke, the problem is the wiring cable, starter cable, ground, and fuel lines were just cut off the boat. not worried about anything besides the wire cable looks like about ten wires in there, no idea what to hook them to. i am wondering if there is a switch box or somthing needed to plug this into it has no ignition or controls nothing besides the engine. i am wondering what all i would need to purchase before i could run this motor.
thanks craig

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1995 mariner 60 hp bigfoot what do i need to run this engine

The only things you need are a fuel tank, primer bulb and hose, two new battery cables, a battery, and a piece of wire about a foot long with the ends stripped of insulation. Connect the battery to the engine using the existing cable stubs as a guide. Red cable goes from POS on battery to the starter solenoid. NEG on battery goes to engine block. connect the fuel tank, squeeze the primer bulb and then jump the starter solenoid (large terminal with RED battery cable to small terminal). You won't have a choke so it may take a bit of cranking to get it going. Stopping the engine is another story. You will need to pull the fuel line. And just so you know, DO NOT run the engine unless you have cooling water going to it via muffs. NO! You can't run it for even a few seconds without water or your next post will be "How do I change my impeller".

CRAIG2707

Recruit
Re: 1995 mariner 60 hp bigfoot what do i need to run this engine

thanks for the reply i am wondering more for if i buy this motor what do i do about the ignition switch and where do the rest of the wires in that cable connect to. is there an external box or is it just positive and ignition switch are the rest of the wires for external guages and stuff i assume there is a remote trim switch but i want to make sure i dont need any other part