Question on pulling two tubes

Hello all, I know this is the wakeboarding forum, but thought somebody here may know the answer. I own a restored 89 VIP Valiant, 4.3L, and use the ski hook eyelet on the back of the boat for pulling tubers. I have never pulled more than one 76" tube at a time, but bought an 84" 3 person tube this winter. I was figuring on pulling both behind the boat, then wondered if there was any risk of pulling that eyelet off because of too much behind the boat. I am sure i can pull in a straight line fine, but when you consider the stress put on it when "whipping" around a tube, I wondered. Any advice here, am i risking breaking something pulling two big tubes loaded down with 4 adults from that eyelet? Any help would be great, thanks!

xjcj3a

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Question on pulling two tubes

hook one to each transom eyelet. should be strong enough imo

texomatom

Seaman

We hook one to each transom strap eyelet on our '98 Valiant.

HTH
Tom

oldjeep

Admiral

Biggest risk of breakage is from the heads of the people when the tubes come together.

xjcj3a

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the tubes shouldnt be that far apart to begin with. im sorry but ive seen worse things happen with 1 tube that fits 2 or more people. the people are even closer together. heads hit all the time.

floatinggenius

Recruit

Just one very good point for you. The eyelet you talk about is actually a lifting ring. If you wish to take a boat and hang it by a lifting ring; you can. There are three. One in the front found under the bow dead center, and two on the stern of the boat (one on each side).

They are extremely well backed and strong. Feel free to pull two tubes, more or less two anything. These are the strongest points on boats and are used to ship, fix, and take boats off trailers. Even an older boat normally pulling tubers will not run into difficulty.

Enjoy your tubes and follow one key rule about inflatables: "drive it like you stole it."

http://thirdcoastyachtsales.blogspot.com/