Travel Trailer electrictal problems

dooma_Flatchy

Petty Officer 1st Class
This is weird, Wall plugs work, A/C fan works but compressor wont kick on, and overhead lights work, Frigde and slideout wont work. The battery indicator is saying 1/3 and I have the camper plugged up. I have checked all fuses and they are OK, It's like half of the leg is not working, Like the 12 volt but not the 24 volt. Is there any way to tell if the converter is working correctly?

bandit86

Banned
Re: Travel Trailer electrictal problems

you would need a gigital multimeter. check voltage both sides to ground and side to side

KRS

Banned

Compressor doensn't run on 12v or 24v DC, it's an alternating current appliance.

Mine has the same problemo, thinking it's low on freon (or R134a) and the compressor is keeping itself from imploding with some sort of safety switch.

KRS

infiend

Recruit

; said:
Travel trailer rental s don't normally run on 24 volts - only 12 volts. Yes, you need a voltmeter to determine if your battery is receiving ~ 13.5 volts from the converter, which is powering all the 12 volt gizmos in your trailer. Usually, regular 110 volt outlets are only powered when you are connected to 110 volt electric. Your converter is converting 110 volts to 12 volts for those lights and stuff that need it.

However, the AC and (electric) hot water, need 110 to operate.
how much was it?

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

Travel trailers don't normally run on 24 volts - only 12 volts. Yes, you need a voltmeter to determine if your battery is receiving ~ 13.5 volts from the converter, which is powering all the 12 volt gizmos in your trailer. Usually, regular 110 volt outlets are only powered when you are connected to 110 volt electric. Your converter is converting 110 volts to 12 volts for those lights and stuff that need it.

However, the AC and (electric) hot water, need 110 to operate.

Check here for further info...

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm