Blown engine

Hybrids62

Recruit
Hello chaps
I just picked up 92 excel 20sx with a 4.3l volvo penta engine. I picked it up with a blown engine and thought I would have a nice little project. The problem is I cannot find a 4.3l engine with a mechanical fuel pump cutout. Every engine i've looked at has no machined hole or block off plate at all.

Details on my blown engine:
The engine block kracked from an overheating issue and has been sitting for a couple of year now. It has 5 hairline kracks throughout the block.
I'm having a hard time determining what year the engine was made and what GM car/truck had a similar engine. Original engine has no balance shaft and it has mechanical fuel pump.

Here are the numbers from the engine:430A

Volvo penta tag- 868244 and 4100126078
block itself- F140 and 10105867 and GM4.3LG
front of the block on a machined surface- T06250KS
Cylinder head-14094768

If someone can translate these numbers for me and let me know what cars used this engine it would be greatly appreciated.

cr2k

Captain
Re: Blown engine

You would need a 4.3 form an S-10. The car versions do not have the proper camshaft for marine use.

I know that block was from 1987 but I am not sure when they changed to the internally balanced, I believe it was around 94. +/-

You may just have to add a marine electric fuel pump.

Hybrids62

Recruit

Thank you for replying

I would not mind an electric pump but i'm just not sure what parts i need to control the flow of the pump.

picklenjim

Chief Petty Officer

Fuel pressure regulator assuming you have a carb. Should be no problem.