Broken Trigger Assembly? on Sport Jet 90

lmurtagh

Cadet
Hello

Please see attached photo (taken from under the flywheel from the carb side of the engine). Its a Mirage Boat with 1994 Oil Injected Sport Jet 90.

This broken piece (of what looks like plastic) is preventing me from getting to WOT. The link from the top of the towershaft to the trigger hits this piece as I advance the throttle. I dont have a flywheel puller (and I cant even get the cover off its so rusty) so I cannot be sure...can someone please confirm this is a broken trigger? Looks to me like the link from the trigger to the towershaft just snapped...

By the way the boat starts and idles well...it just wont throttle up and also stalls out when the throttle butterflies are manually opened.

I appreciate the help
Lee

Attachments

• DSCN1881.jpg
    DSCN1881.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 0

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Broken Trigger Assembly? on Sport Jet 90

Yes the trigger arm to the timing adjustment is broken ... You have to pull the flywheel and stator to replace the trigger .. For a good pic look a few threads down at Chronomania Sport Jet 90 , He sent me pictures that have the stator removed and has a few great shots of the trigger .
The reason the boat stalls is you have no spark advance , the tower shaft is supposed to move in conjunction with the carbs opening .

CDI part number is 134-7029-3 for the trigger and I am sure it is available on IBoats !

Also this part should not just "break" look for loose or broken magnets on the flywheel or a severely stiff throttle linkage to start . Pull the flywheel and stator and post some pics !

lmurtagh

Cadet
Re: Broken Trigger Assembly? on Sport Jet 90

Thanks for the quick answer. Those Chronomania pictures helped make sense of it.

The flywheel magnets flew off and I fixed that already...thats probably what snapped the arm. If I seen anything unusual under the flywheel I will post more pictures.