johnson 110 carbs

swa737

Cadet
I just found my upper carb case cracked. they are stamped with # 332165 on both. evinrude.com says they should be 398401 or 398561. they are obselete and cant be ordered. there are some carbs on EBAY, but I dont know how to cross referance the numbers. My engine model number is J110TLCUR. Any help would be great.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: johnson 110 carbs

A 1987 engine. While the carb bodies may have the same casting part number, the upper and lower carbs may be different if one of them has the roller mechanism on the side. In later years the carbs are all the same part number on a specific hp engine. You can check OMC parts lists yourself on the Bombardier website: epc.brp.com. You should be able to find good set of used carbs available for sale. Look for carbs that are 87 or later and have a 1 5/16" throat size. These were found on the 110 and later 115 engines in those years. Any will fit. Smaller throat size carbs are for the lower hp engines like the 90 or 100. In your case, make sure the carbs do not have choke butterflys-the ones you need have a brass hose barb right at the top of the carb mounting base. These barbs are for the cold start fuel primer system. Replace both carbs as a set.