louisville bent prop shaft repair

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class
I hit a rock in shallow water on my tahoe Q6. I thought I had just destroyed my prop, but when I replaced it with a new one, I can see a slight woblle when spinning the prop by hand. I confirmed the bent shaft while out on the water with the new prop. I can feel the vibration at low speeds. I would say the bend might be an eighth of an inch or so. No leakage at all yet. Does anyone know of anyone in the Louisville ky area who uses the Quickstraight hydraulic system, that can straighten the shaft on the boat? I would rather not file a claim with progressive, since I`ve only been with them 8 mos or so.

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: louisville bent prop shaft repair

If noone has seen this tool, you can google Quickstraight. I would buy one myself if they werent 900.00 bucks. I`m tempted to buy one of these things and start my own business.:p

Bondo

Staff member

I hit a rock in shallow water on my tahoe Q6.

Ayuh,... What kinda motor/ drive is a Q6,.?.?.?.? Never heard of it....

Boats don't have a propshaft...

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Call Tucker's Landing Boat Propeller Service: 812-283-4500

They're located near all the commercial development off Veteran's Parkway in Southern Indiana off I-65. They may not work on your particular problem, but could probably point you to someone local who can. By the way, they do great prop work. Don't ask me how I know!

maddog2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry, the Q6 is a tahoe Q6 5.0 merc alpha one. I believe the the prop has a shaft.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

x2 on tucker..... real good guy..... if he can't do it I bet he will know who can.... Also check with kentuckiana yacht sales in jeffersonville 812 282 7579.... great folks there too RJ (parts) has always taken care of me I don't know if they can straighten your shaft or not but they'll likely know who can

picklenjim

Chief Petty Officer

An eighth inch would be one heck of a bend. If it's bent that much you would probably be better off replacing it. Having them straightened isn't cheap.