'96 Polaris SLX 780 Project

racinrc14

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just acquired this machine for some summer tinkering. After getting it home, I realized it was missing several vital components, such as the engine cases, carbs, two pistons, a cylinder, among a bevvy of other parts. The PO had dis-assembled it due to a roached crankshaft. Is there an online resource, besides Ebay and Greenhulk (which are both inaccesible from my work computer, which is where I do most of my searching) for used parts?

Friscoboater

Captain
Re: '96 Polaris SLX 780 Project

I found another ski in my area that had parts thet were missing on CL.

racinrc14

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've found that the majority of CL sellers are unwilling to ship used parts, I presume because of the relatively low reward for putting in the work of actually boxing up items and mailing them off, and it's associated cost. I'm sure there are probably hundreds of these things lying around in barns, garages, fields, weeds, etc, but finding one close enough to be worth driving to get it, with the parts I need, on CL has proven difficult. I'm patient (and so is my wife, TG), so one will turn up eventually.

I PM'd you, FriscoBoater, so drop me a line when you get a minute or two. Thanks!

-Tommy

bigdaddypt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey bud...sorry about your issues. As far as parts, this guy has a ton of Polaris parts and is a great and reputable person. I had a 92 sl650 project as my first ski and got a bunch of stuff from him. John Ziggler is the guy who owns it.

http://www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com/

racinrc14

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks BigDaddy. That guy has a ton of parts! Impressive. I'll be giving him a call soon.