Mounting help

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Need some help upgrading the audio in my boat, specifically installing a new system.

What exists today is the old style in dash cassette player that basically mounts using the posts for volume and tuning. On new units those posts are non existant. How do you mount newer units?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mounting help

With the applicable mounting kit or a water proof marine housing available right here on iBoats.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Lot of choices... try searching 'marine stereo installation kits' to see what's available and what may work best in your situation...hope that helps

I personally took an 'old' auto mount{shell type} and added a splash guard , works fine for me.

Audio Greg

Cadet

Sounds like you've got one of those retro-cool 2-shaft tape decks! Not sure why you'd want to part with that gem, but it shouldn't be too much trouble.

When you remove the nuts holding the old 2-shaft in place, it will pull out from the behind the panel it mounts to. You'll be left with 3 holes. One for the tape-slot/buttons/display and one each for the left and right shafts.

To install a modern unit, you will need to cut a 2x7" hole. The new hole will be even bigger with a splash guard (marine housing). Size will depend on the housing.

The wiring may be a little "different" as well, so be sure to make it right the first time. :)