Yamaha 2007 F250 Stalls..Fuel problem??

scross44

Recruit
I was told the fuel pumps were replaced right before I got the boat last month. This was covered by Yamaha.
Engine ran good first few times out, till I had to put fuel in it.
Tank was full when I got the boat(80gal.). Engine ran good until I added fuel after running tank low. I put in 40gal by 5 gal gas cans before next trip. We barley made it out of the marina before engine stalled. I removed fuel water filter and top of filter was rusted. Not much water in filer though. I then put on a new filter. Engine starts fine idles for a minute or two then stalls.
Next, I replaced engine filter and cup. Cup had a little water and small amout of sand in bottom, filter looked shot. I then replace the F shaped filter on port side of engine above vapor seperator tank.
I checked the fuel entering the engine for contamination. looked good. Who knows whats in the bottom of the tank though.
engine started and idled longer then before. Ran it up to 1000rpm and still keep running. I put it in gear and not long after it stalled. Allways starts back up. sometimes I need to pump the ball. While running if I pump the ball It will run longer. That what I had to do to get back to the slip.
I also opened the screw and draind the vapor seperator tank. All I was able to suck out of that pink hose was about a 1/4 cup of fuel. I did this once and got about a table spoon of water in that fuel.

Ran great till I ran tank low and put my own gas in. I treated it with Stabil. Hard to find ethonol free fuel in MD.

crackinreality

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 2007 F250 Stalls..Fuel problem??

I started researching this tonight. Nearly the exact same circumstances. This was a year ago so I hope it was resolved. Can you share the outcome?