Trim and Tilt problems 75 mariner 1992 tiller

pikerpiker

Cadet
Hello All, I have a problem with my trim and tilt motor I have a 1992 mariner tiller model 75 hp. The trim unit was low on oil so I rasied the motor using the manual release and put in about 3 oz of oil into the trim motor. Then I tighten the manual release and l took the motor off the lock pin and lit went down about half way the I used the trim unit and it took it all the way down but then I used the trim button to rasied it the motor ran but the engine wouldn't go up ?? Did I not put enought oil in ? or do I need a new trim motor? Thanks for any help
Chris ps. I have a single ram system

RRitt

Captain
Re: Trim and Tilt problems 75 mariner 1992 tiller

did you tighten the manual release? It does not have to be torqued down. by the time it touches bottom it is already far enough in.

pikerpiker

Cadet

Yes I did retighten the manual release as mentioned above.

RRitt

Captain

There are three or four things it could be but it doesn't really matter which one you have. The cure for one is the cure for all. You need to rebuild or replace the hydraulics. $200 - $$1000 depending which path you pursue and whether your system is fixed as a waterproof hydraulic lift or as a marine trim unit. Same exact fix either way, just the marina charges 5x more.