tilt/trim Alpha 1

good to go

Cadet
Just got a Searay SRV 270 (1983) with twin 5.0litre 190 horse (2 barrel). Port side will trim down, but not up from shifter yet will tilt/trim from trailer switch. Starboard side works fine from both....My guess is there might be a problem inside the shifter at the switch for up trim. Am I looking in the right direction. Or is there 2 separate circuits at the solenoid one for trailer 1 for shifter mechanism. I hope I have explained correctly. Thanx

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: tilt/trim Alpha 1

More likely the trim limit switch on the drive.

Bondo

Staff member

My guess is there might be a problem inside the shifter at the switch for up trim. Am I looking in the right direction.

Ayuh,... I agree with BD,... Your starting at the Wrong end of the boat...

good to go

Cadet

thanx for the input guys, can this adjustment be made in water or does it have to be done out..Thanx Again

good to go

Cadet

Update....Been doing some digging and cleaning of cables. Now the port side is non functional from either trim button or trailer. Starboard side will trim down from shifter and trim up from trailer, but will not trim up from shifter. I will be following all wiring tonight to merc troubleshoot guide

good to go

Cadet

port side has 6 volts at shifter at the red wire (should be 12) did get some intermittent click though (from starboard solenoid?) when playing with the switch on the port side. The starboard side only trims down and not up, and trailer trim works on starbord only. Are the solenoids connected, I am attempting to follow the wires but holy cow there are so many and the way they are all looped and taped together my back is killing me...Help

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... My guess is the trim limit switches on the drives are most of your problems...

good to go

Cadet

can they be disconnected at the 2 plugs without detrimenting the system. if so would be an easy way to find out