No spark

capmorgs

Recruit
I changed the spark plugs & spark wires but am still not getting any spark after testing it. Could this be the ignition coil? Please help

capmorgs

Recruit
Re: No spark

It is a 1994 Evenrude. Sorry but I do not have the model # with me. Any help would be great.

CATransplant

Admiral

What horsepower? You really have to help us here. We can't see your outboard.

You need to describe the problem in as much detail as you can, tell us what you've tried to do to fix the problem, and give us any other information that could help.

When did this start? How have you tested the spark? Is the outboard new to you, or one you've owned for a long time?

The more information you give us, the better we'll be able to help.

capmorgs

Recruit

It is a 50 horse.

We change the spark plug & the spark plugs wires. There is no spark. We have had boat & motor for 3 years. This was the first time starting it this year.

bktheking

Vice Admiral

Could be the kill switch (lanyard), take it out of the equation and retest, 1 wire to ground 1 to black/yellow.

CATransplant

Admiral

It is a 50 horse.

We change the spark plug & the spark plugs wires. There is no spark. We have had boat & motor for 3 years. This was the first time starting it this year.

How did you check the spark?

capmorgs

Recruit

Checked it by using a screwdriver touching a ground area & then turning the key briefly. There was no spark

CATransplant

Admiral

OK, disconnect the kill switch wiring and try again. If still no spark, I'm not going to be much help. That engine is too new for me to diagnose.