under the boat

90sunbird

Seaman
i am gonna repaint the lower section of my boat and sugestions on the type of paint to use ??? ive herd of slick paint but i dont know anything about it

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Re: under the boat

do you trailer your boat ..or do you keep it in the water in a slip ?

90sunbird

Seaman

it is a 205 chap. and i trailer it but i use it like 2x a week

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just use a nonablative bottom paint.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

I know of no reason anyone should use a bottom paint on a boat that lives on a trailer....unless you park boat and trailer in the water....;)

90sunbird

Seaman

the boat was painted it was in slip but it looks terrible now that the bottom paint is starting to wear off and i figured if i was gonna paint it i might as well use a slick paint

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

the boat was painted it was in slip but it looks terrible now that the bottom paint is starting to wear off and i figured if i was gonna paint it i might as well use a slick paint
ahhh...thatmakes more sensenow...but , I actually know a guy (I gave him my previous boat) who used bottom paint on a hull that might see water every three weeks or so ......during season....I couldn't believe it when I saw it....what a waste of $$$$

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Sand it out,+ paint it with good ole Rustoleum enamal....
It Sticks to the boat,+ is Slick in the water...