replacement of bearings in distributor {Frank?}

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: replacement of bearings in distributor

They are standard sheilded ball bearings that can be found in any bearing supply house. They are an easy press fit in the housing and are located by a land on the distributor shaft.

Since the drive pulley is located by a woodruff key, you can not assemble the distributor incorrectly. You need only to set the flywheel to TDC and align the curved line on top of the pulley with the curve of the flywheel. The pulley MAY be a tight fit and difficult to slide up and off, but there is nothing other than the top nut to retain it.

Set the drive belt tension so that a .010 feeler gauge pressed into the center like your index finger depresses the belt about 1/8 to 3/16 inch before bending.

Too loose and timing will fluctuate. Too tight and the linkage will bind--the engine will be difficult to get into and out of gear.

thompy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks again Frank, are the cap and rotors readily available? going to tear into the other power head soon as i get the boat set up. then start up the dremel on the ports:)

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I don't know. I get all mine from junkers. However I suspect that franzmarine@aol.com has them. The rotor will be expensive as the shaft and rotor are an epoxied assembly

thompy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks again Frank, now my issue is the shifter control,:mad: its a morse controller i pulled off the jet boat but its not giving me enough throw to engage reverse, so i have to pull it off and maybe re-time the engagement from throttle to shift gear, this was a bugger to install now off and back on. 2 steps forward and one back. Frank do the one piece 2.0 gear ratio lowers have the water PU in the same place as the 1.7's been looking on ebay but no luck .

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 1

thompy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Frank where is the timming belt adjustment?

thompy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: replacement of bearings in distributor {Frank?}

bump