Fastwin Evinrude

N2outboards

Petty Officer 3rd Class
have '61 10 HP evinrude. My question before i take this thing out on the lake should water be pumping (expelled) out of the top orifices as indicated or from the lower orifices as indicated.? I picked this up from an estate sale got it running and the first time water expelling from the top water port. Now i don't observe this, but now only from bottom outlet. engine rund relativley cool though. Should there be a concern about cooling water not comimg from the top port.?

Attachments

• impellerpumps.jpg
    impellerpumps.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 0

jbjennings

Captain
Re: Fastwin Evinrude

Water should be coming out the bottom hole, I'm not sure about the top one. However, water should be coming out the exhaust relief in the back of the midsection if the pump is workin right. It's very common for the blades of a motor that has sat up for a while to get dry rotted and work for a short time then disintegrate.
I'd put a new impeller in,
JBJ

N2outboards

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Fastwin Evinrude

Water should be coming out the bottom hole, I'm not sure about the top one. However, water should be coming out the exhaust relief in the back of the midsection if the pump is workin right. It's very common for the blades of a motor that has sat up for a while to get dry rotted and work for a short time then disintegrate.
I'd put a new impeller in,
JBJ

Water is expelling bottom hole. Put hand on powerhead, warm but no where near overheating, assume all is fine. Throwing out "Ford Fenders", Wedding rings upon trolling thru Memoir days,"Ahoy" and see ya's.