Best flexible brake line mounting idea?

jacknbella

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm about to replace my hard brake lines with flexible lines but I'm wondering which method is most robust. My trailer's current hard line method is junk (plastic brackets adhered via glue to the frame). I suppose I could use zip ties but they may not look the best and they might be more susceptible to damage and if I tighten them too much, I could compress/restrict the flexible lines a little bit. Does anyone have a better idea???

Thanks in advance

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Best flexible brake line mounting idea?

The hard tubing my trailer was run underneath the tongue down to the point where the two frame tubes where tied in. From there, the lines where run inside the tubing and exited through a grommeted hole in the side of the frame in front of the front axle.

I didn't like the way they bent the tubing coming out of the back-up solenoid to the bottom of the tongue so I drilled a hole in the top of the tongue right behind the solenoid and ran the flex inside the tongue back to the split.

I then used tye wraps to attach the distribution block and cross over hose to the axle. Three years and so far so good.