bypassing oil pump

Panhead5

Recruit
I have a '89 Mariner 115 and oil pump is not pumping. My local marina said I can just premix in my gas tank. Will I starve any part of my engine of oil if I do this?
After the oil mixes with the gas there is another oil line that goes into the engine. Where is this going and is it OK if the oil is not going there anymore.

Thanks

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: bypassing oil pump

Standard 2 cycle motors like yours, (not Direct Injected) have oil injection pumps that mix gas and oil together and pump it to the carbs or EFI injectors. This fuel lubricates all of the motor. Premixing gas and oil at 50::1 will work perfectly in your motor.

saumon

Lieutenant
Re: bypassing oil pump

I have a '89 Mariner 115 and oil pump is not pumping. My local marina said I can just premix in my gas tank. Will I starve any part of my engine of oil if I do this?
After the oil mixes with the gas there is another oil line that goes into the engine. Where is this going and is it OK if the oil is not going there anymore.

Thanks

The ?other? line you are refering to is probably the pulse hose, wich is connected to the crankcase and take the pressure from there to operate the pump.