what is it..where can i get it....

jelli

Seaman
ok my new boat[to me] quit running yesterday it has a 1987 suzuki dt 20. i checked all fuel hoses and fuel fillter and it seems like i found the problem. where the line from the bulb enters the motor ther is a rubber male-male addaptor going from 3/8 inch to 1/4 inch i canot blow through either side and ther is a crack on one side. i took the fuel line itself and hooked it up to the fuel filter and can get it running for a few seconds befor it quits so i think this adapter is the problem my question is this. what are thy called? where can i get it?are thay universial? are thay one way? if i cant find one can i make one out of brass or stainless plumbing parts? thanks guys for the help

cr2k

Captain
Re: what is it.....wher can i get it....

Re: what is it.....wher can i get it....

Pictures, we need pictures.

jelli

Seaman
fuel line

fuel line

the fuel line leaves the tank to a bulb to a fitting that breaches the motor.
this fitting on my suzuki broke it is male - male 3/8 inch to 1/4 inch. i dont think its one way mabey some one will know better. where can i get it or can i just use one from a auto parts store? mine is hard rubber will metal work? is ther any thing special about this fitting? thanks

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: fuel line

The fitting on the motor or the one on the end of the hose?

The one on the end of the hose you can get here at iboats or posibly Wal Mart if you need it right now, the one on the motor you will have to get from a Suzuki dealer.

While you are at it I woud change all your hose if it is more than say 5 years old, alcohol in the gas will eat them up and clog your carb.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You've started 3 threads with the same question. Please do not do this. I have merged the 3 together.

Jacket4life

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: what is it..where can i get it....

Couple of other tips:

1. People are willing to help you, but you need to help them too. Be more specific, ask and answer questions in the same thread as much as possible, and let people know what you have done. That way ppl will come back and try to continue helping you until you get your problem solved.

2. Post questions in the correct forum. You have a Suzuki motor. There is a Suzuki forum. Post your threads there, that is where ppl with the most knowledge of those motors hang out. If you keep posting in the wrong place, not only will you not get much help, but you may find your threads deleted instead of moved.

3. Keep in mind ppl are somewhat helping for self satisfaction. You should thank them if their advice helps, and let them know if it did not. This will also often help solve your problem. Sharing information is what really gets the problem solved.

Addressing your issue now, I can tell you this much: if you don't get systematic about addressing your issues, you are going to drive yourself nuts and end up selling the motor to escape it. You aren't sure if this is your problem or not. You stated in your original post that the motor was running fine until you put an extremely thick mix of fuel in it. That should not have had an affect of this fuel connector. I described what you should do to rectify that problem in that thread. Don't know if you read it. If you didn't do any of that stuff, I seriously doubt this connector will fix your problem, but for you sake I hope it does, we all root for success!

If that is the connector plugging into the motor, you will not be able to blow through the fitting. It has a spring in it that is depressed when you connect it to the motor, and then fuel can pass through it. If fuel isn't coming out of that crack your are describing while you are trying to run the motor, it is probably not your problem at all. But if you just want to go buy one, it will be online or at a Suzuki dealership. You probably cannot make one yourself as you described.

Best of luck to you!