Nauticus Trim Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd_smith

Cadet
Has anyone tried these new Nauticus automatic trim tabs? Do they work as advertised?<br /><br />Thanks, <br /><br />Justin

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: Nauticus Trim Tabs

I have a set on my 19' deep V bowrider with a V8. I had tried a doel-fin type device, but it didn't help for anything except slightly shorter planing time. I also wasn't happy with the pressure I felt it put on the vent plate. (on the other hand, I have the same fin on my 16' ob powered tri-hull and it make it a new boat).<br /><br />The tabs decreased planing time, keep the nose way down, and the boat now corners level like it is on rails. Before, it would drag the stern and the inside corner would dig in badly in a turn. It slightly helped a problem I was having with rolling. A person cold lean over in a seat and the boat would roll some. It still does it to some degree, but the tabs seemed to help a little.<br /><br />I have only had the boat out a couple times since installing the tabs, but I don't seem to have lost any noticable speed and the boat seems to take chop much better.<br /><br />I have some tuning to do, but overall I am happy with them and would liklely buy them again.

Mikedg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I installed a set on a 10' inflatable with a 9.9 and they work great. I originally had a Doel Fin on the motor but it didn't help much. With the Smart Tabs the dinghy comes out of the hole flat, accelerates quickly and maintains a lower planing speed.<br /><br />A friend has a 13'rigid hull, center console dinghy with a 40 4-stroke. This thing was absolutely dangerous. It shot straight up when you hit it and chine walked at speed. He installed the tabs and it is like a new boat, with moderate bow rise and no chine walking.

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

JD Smith<br /><br />If you have any questions regarding the performance or application to your boat please feel free to contact me directly at Nauticus, Inc. 1-800-233-0194. <br /><br />With regard to what other customers think about our Smart Tabs I suggest that you do a search on this web site, or ours ( www.NauticusInc.com ). <br /><br />I would answer some of your questions, however I would need more infomation regarding your boat.<br /><br />Thank You for your interest in Smart Tabs!

Capt. T

Seaman

JasonB<br />Which tabs and actuators do you have? I'm buying a set in spring for my 18'-6 Rinker deep-V and am leaning towards the 180# actuators.<br /><br />I will be posting before & after results.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

nautiJohn<br /><br />I took a look at the Nauticus site - the photos showed Smart Tabs installed on fiberglass boats. I have a 17' Lowe aluminum deep vee w/ 90 horse Johnson. Any problem installing the STs?<br />Thanks.

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

i to am a happy smart tab user also! the tabs will do everything that was described plus more. nothing was mentioned about low speed wander, with these tabs it will be non existant. also you will be able to hold plane at 15-18mph, no joke. they're great!

Tcube, I see no reason the smart tabs would not work on your aluminium boat. As with any other boat make sure you have an suitable area for mounting and go for it!

Peter1959628

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Lots of good reports from these.Read the "smart tabs" thread. I am convinced that i need these instead of the doel fin that i have.

JasonB

Lieutenant

Bucky, after talking with nautijohn, I used the 12x9 plates with the 60lb actuators. They are more than enough for my boat. I had to adjust them down because I couldn't get the nose up with full pressure. I backed them off a bit and they are great. If you have any questions, I would call John. He was very patient and explained everything I asked, no matter how trivial and his suggestions were right on the money.

Hitech

Petty Officer 1st Class

They do everything they claim. I know,. hard to believe, but they really do. I had a hard time believing that they would actually live up to the advertisements, but they did. Best performance improvement money can buy!

rrhodes

Chief Petty Officer
Re: TRIM TAB Nauticus Trim Tabs

Why are you advertising another site on a site that already sells them?

QC

Supreme Mariner

Six year old thread guys . . . Advertising post has been deleted.

walleyehed

Admiral

nautiJohn

I took a look at the Nauticus site - the photos showed Smart Tabs installed on fiberglass boats. I have a 17' Lowe aluminum deep vee w/ 90 horse Johnson. Any problem installing the STs?
Thanks.

I have the Nauticus Mobster Tambs on my 18ft Starcraft and have tested them to extremes they were never meant to be run at.....with 200HP.
They are VERY tough, and have been improved since I installed mine about 4 years ago-about 500hrs of run-time testing props.
They will mount very easily to your transom in the proper location.

Status
Not open for further replies.