Does anybody make a small tach?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
My boat has a pretty small "dash" on the driver's console. I don't really have room for a couple 3" gauges. Does anyone make a 2" tach? I haven't been able to find one. I can find room for a 3" if I have too but I'd rather a smaller one.

Kevinmcm

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Does anybody make a small tach?

Autozone carries one, I think Walmart does as well. I purchsed one a few years ago and the dial on it was only about 2". Check Ebay, i seen them recently on there. I was lookin at one for mine too, to check if dash tach was working correctly, so I know Ebay has them

NYBo

Admiral

Autozone carries one, I think Walmart does as well. I purchsed one a few years ago and the dial on it was only about 2". Check Ebay, i seen them recently on there. I was lookin at one for mine too, to check if dash tach was working correctly, so I know Ebay has them
I don't think any automotive tach will have the proper setting for an outboard motor.

EZ, what about buying or building an enclosure to mount the tach on top of the instrument panel? How about posting a picture of the panel?

Kevinmcm

Seaman Apprentice

Ah see that was my fault! Being an inboard owner, i made the assumption it was an inboard. Shame on me!

Willyclay

Captain

I had a round, two-inch digital tach on my first of five boats which was outboard powered. I cannot remember the brand but will check my files for info and update post. Good luck!

EDIT: Sorry, but my tach was automotive-type on a 1962 Johnson 75 with distributor ignition.

Last edited: