Replacing some key things on my trailer!

evilnss

Seaman
So i found out over the weekend that my trailer brake lines are missing a good few inches from rust! So i can only imagine what the brake them self look like...

I'm thinking about buying this:
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Brakes/Titan/T4843100.html

It says it has an electircal bypass for reverse and such, and when backing the boat into the water, I usually disconnect the electrical. So would this become an issue? And if it has an electric lockout, do you t hink it would have a manual overide as well?

Also the leaf springs are pretty rusted too. Im looking to replace those as well.

dockwrecker

Lieutenant
Re: Replacing some key things on my trailer!

That looks like a great kit! I just did all of that with Kodiaks from Champion and I'm in mine $650.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Personally, I would not use any of the Titan disc brakes. Kodiak only!

The Titan stainless version I bought were horrible. I have heard problems with the non stainless versions as well.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Who makes the brakes? if they are Kodiaks they are good.

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

I dont see it in the picture but I'll bet your master cylinder will have a pin that you can slide in to manually lock out the actuator. Being that you are only disconnected electrically when at the ramp I dont think you would have a problem anyway. Being that the whole rig is angled down you probably wont be engaging the cylinder enough anyway to lock up the brakes.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

If it were my boat, I would get the back up solenoid valve. It just sucks getting out and disabling them sometimes.

As far as unplugging when launching, I never unplug. I have sealed lights so not a problem.