2000 Ocean Pro 150 Engine Issue

chad393

Recruit
Hello everyone, I have a question about my 2000 Johnson Ocean Pro 150. The issue that I am having is when you run the motor for any length of time and then shut it off for 15 to 20 minutes, when you crank it back up it seems to shut off at an idle when in gear. Then when you try and give it trottle, it won't take it and will just shut off. You have to cold start it and rev it up a bit for it to take the fuel. It has a bit of a rough idle but it runs good for the most part when first cranked in the day. After it is running, and it is idled down, it runs fine. I took the carbs off and cleaned all of them and it made a difference eith the way it took the fuel, but it still didn't solve the fuel issue after it sits. I really don't know what else would be causing this. There was alot of trash in the carbs but they are completely cleaned now. Does anyone have any ideas? I want to thank everyone in advance for your help. Any suggestions will help.

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 2000 Ocean Pro 150 Engine Issue

I'm not a pro but it sounds like a timing issue to me. I would check the timing. Typically if the throttle is advanced without advancing the timing, an engine will stall. Better yet, repeat the "Link and Sync" procedure.

Good luck

jonesg

Admiral

Hello everyone, I have a question about my 2000 Johnson Ocean Pro 150. The issue that I am having is when you run the motor for any length of time and then shut it off for 15 to 20 minutes, when you crank it back up it seems to shut off at an idle when in gear. Then when you try and give it trottle, it won't take it and will just shut off. You have to cold start it and rev it up a bit for it to take the fuel. It has a bit of a rough idle but it runs good for the most part when first cranked in the day. After it is running, and it is idled down, it runs fine. I took the carbs off and cleaned all of them and it made a difference eith the way it took the fuel, but it still didn't solve the fuel issue after it sits. I really don't know what else would be causing this. There was alot of trash in the carbs but they are completely cleaned now. Does anyone have any ideas? I want to thank everyone in advance for your help. Any suggestions will help.

pump the bulb up firm before restarting, its probably draing back and emptying the bowls.

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

Check the anti-syphon valve. Do you add oil to the fuel or do you use an oil tank? What plugs are installed?

chad393

Recruit

Thanks everyone. I tried pumping the bulb and that doesn't seem to be the issue. I haven't checked the anti- syphon valve but i will. I personally feel like it may be dumping oil in the carbs. The pumps check valve may not be working right. I have a tank and it's all original. What do ya"ll think?