93 Honda BF 9.9A Flywheel removal Qs

zanko

Cadet
Hello All,

Awsome site here. I have pretty much read every post out here about flywheel removals and I am just trying to get an idea of how long this process really takes to get this thing off.

I have the manual for this motor and have read the steps to get this underway - big nut removed- I am using a craftsman harmonic puller, using number 8 6mm bolts I beleive, I have this thing cranked under preassure and have sprayed some liquid wrench to get things loosend up - Oh I am trying to get the timming belt replaced as it is original and is showing some threading at the edges. I have tapped the main bolt lightly few times while lifitn the freeplay of the wheel but I dont see that doing much, so I assume I just let this thing sit for a few days, weeks ?

Are there any suggestions or steps I should take now or simply wait?

Thanks in advance..

zanko

Cadet
Re: 93 Honda BF 9.9A Flywheel removal Qs

5 days now under preasure no movement, thinking of impact tool. or maybe a little heat on the wheel itself..

Bueler? Bueler?

zanko

Cadet
Re: 93 Honda BF 9.9A Flywheel removal Qs

after 5 days under tourque natha, took the harmonic balancer off and re mounted it, grabed the 3/4 tourque wrench this time and went to town on it, I got it to probably clost to 150 FT lbs , she popped off, YAY.. cleaned up everything and just waiting for the new belt now. so yea patience is a virtue on this one, I didnt have much luck tapping the stud, and nothing stripped.